Because we all make mistakes sometimes, Arizona Central offers three (3) options to prevent your checking account items from being returned unpaid. Saving you the inconvenience, embarrassment and added expense of overdrafts such as non-sufficient funds fees, late payment or return item fees and negative impact on your credit rating due to late payments.
Tips to avoid overdrafts
- Make sure all account owners keep track of all collective transactions. There are lots of resources that can help you do this, such as FinanceWorksTM, our FREE financial management software.
- Balance your account monthly.
- Monitor account activity & balances with eBRANCH or Central Phone Banking.
- Set up an Email/Text Alert so you're notified when your account balance is running low.
If you're still afraid that overdraft may occasionally be a concern for you, please consider adding one of our overdraft protection options to your account.
Overdraft Protection Options
Overdraft from Member Share Account
Your savings can be your first defense against overdrafts by automatically transferring funds from your linked savings, up to your available balance.
Overdraft Line of Credit (LOC)
Available on approved credit, Overdraft LOC is a great option if you find your checking account balance running low. We will automatically transfer funds from your LOC, up to your available credit line.
What does it cost?
- No fees to advance funds for iStyle, MyStyle or HighStyle Checking Accounts
- $1 per transfer for members with an AzStyle Checking Account
- Just pay back the money you've borrowed and any applicable finance charges.
Overdraft Privilege (ODP)
As an added measure of protection, if you find yourself not having enough in savings or an approved LOC, we may elect to pay your overdrafts.
At our discretion, we may pay an item when you do not have enough money in checking, taking the account negative up to $500, including fees. You will then have 30 days to bring your account balance positive. This is a convenient option that can save you the inconvenience and embarrassment of having purchases denied at point of sale or when trying to make a withdrawal from an ATM.
Standard ODP - Covers checks, other transactions made using your checking account number and automatic payments. This coverage is automatically added to your account.
Premium ODP - Includes all the features of Standard ODP coverage plus ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions. You must opt-in for this coverage.
What does it cost?
- $30 each time we pay an overdraft
How do I set up Overdraft Protection on my Account?
Stop by any one of our branch locations or call (602) 264-6421 or toll free 1-866-264-6421.